ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS SERVICES 2020
As we make our usual preparations for the upcoming festive season, we find ourselves, this year, having to undertake additional considerations and planning as we continue to face the fallout of the COVID 19 pandemic. Advent and Christmas Services are no exception and decisions by the Bethel Council and Pastor de Azevedo have been made as follows:
All mid-week Advent services, both in the German and English language, will not take place this year. We will celebrate the Four Sundays in Advent, in English and German, at the usual service times. We will continue to offer the pre-recorded weekly online Sunday service. Those wishing to have family Advent devotions, we will soon have Advent devotionals available.
In order to meet recommended protocols of the local health authorities, we will be holding multiple Christmas Eve services and it is necessary that you register your attendance and any guest attendance with Bethel prior to the services.
Service Times Christmas Eve:
German Language Service – Thursday, December 24, 2020 – 1:00 pm
English Language Service – Thursday, December 24, 2020 – 3:00 pm
English Language Service – Thursday, December 24, 2020 – 5:00 pm
Christmas Day: A combined Worship Service will occur Friday, December 25, 2020 at 10:00 am.
As mentioned above, it is necessary that all worshippers register with us to attend Christmas Eve services. This pre-registration will ensure that we can accommodate those wishing to attend and not disappoint anyone through having insufficient seating capacity given the attendance limitation of 90 worshippers per service which we are currently facing.
At least one person in your group MUST BE A MEMBER OF BETHEL.
You can register the following ways:
- Visit the Bethel website – bethelkitchener.ca – locate the CONTACT US tab and send us an email including the name(s) and contact phone number(s) for you and all of the individuals that you may be registering to attend with you on Christmas Eve. The registering person will receive a confirmation email of the registration of their group.
- Call the Bethel office – again you will need the name(s) and contact number(s) for all individuals that you are registering to attend with you on Christmas Eve. The registering person will receive a confirmation phone call for their group.
- Signup sheet on Sundays – you may inform the greeter(s) upon arrival for regular Sunday services that you wish to register for Christmas Eve service. This Signup sheet will also request all names and contact numbers for those wishing to attend.
We wish to thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and assistance in helping us make safe arrangements for everyone to attend Bethel’s Christmas services this year. We also wish you, your family and loved ones a blessed Advent and Christmas. Stay safe, stay healthy and we hope to see you soon.
The World Health Organization has elevated the COVID-19 virus to “Pandemic Status”. As a community meeting place we need to take precautions for the health and welfare of our members and the community at large.
During this time of global pandemic,we remain committed to providing online services available on our website at www.bethelkitchener.ca. and Tele-devotions in both English and German through our phone system.
Please read carefully the following requests and information as it pertains to reducing the risk of spreading the novel coronavirus Covid19 during worship.
- If you feel unwell or unsafe please remain at home.
- Social and physical distancing will be adhered to. (2 meters / 6 feet apart)
- Elevator / Lift will be accessible with extra precautions.
- It is required by the Waterloo Region By-law to wear a non-medical grade mask for the duration of the service.
Be assured there will be extended precautionary measures and procedures taken for the health, safety and protection of our parishioners. This new manner in which we will worship will most definitely be different than you are used to but is done out of love and care for all who attend.